Here are some water-saving tips to make your home energy and cost-efficient!
- Install a low-flow shower head. Water saved: about 2 gallons per minute.
- heck regularly for any leaks in your toilet, faucets and water hose bibs and fix them. Water saved: up to 200 gallons per day.
- Don't rinse dishes before loading dishwasher. Water saved: 20 gallons per load.
- Wash only full loads in the dishwasher. An efficient dishwasher usually uses much less water than washing dishes by hand.
- Insulate hot water pipes where possible to avoid long delays (and wasted water) while waiting for the water to "run hot." When building a new home, keep the distance short between the hot water heater and showers and other places that hot water is used.
- Wash only full loads in the clothes washer. Washing small loads uses over twice as much water per pound of laundry.
Adding these tips to your daily schedule will save you hundreds of dollars on your next water bill-and Mother nature will thank you too.
To see how Dan Ryan Builders is doing their part to help save water, visit here