Friday, August 3, 2012

An Ode to Frederick, MD

Happy Friday Dan Ryan fans!!!

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a brand, spanking new community coming to Frederick, Maryland, Clover Ridge!

As a citizen of this fair city, I thought it only appropriate to write about how amazing it is to live here. Frederick county is the largest by area in all of Maryland. I like to say it's "an hour to everything"- Baltimore and Washington D.C. are both a quick one hour drive from the Frederick area. Historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania is just a half an hour north for those avid Civil War buffs. It's close proximity to these bustling regions makes Frederick the perfect place for a commuter to set up camp.

Historic homes of downtown Frederick
While Frederick is close to two of the largest cities in the area, it's small-town feel is what keeps me here. Downtown Frederick is a sight for any out-of-tower, full of quaint shops, award winning restaurants, and gorgeous architecture. 

Baker Park
Every season, there is a new reason to celebrate in Frederick. In the fall, there is the "In the Streets" festival, in the winter, the whole downtown area becomes a Winter Wonderland of twinkle lights and Christmas wreaths. Spring brings warm weather and beautiful blossoms that shower Main Street. The biggest celebration of all happens every summer on the fourth of July, when the whole city virtually shuts down and goes to Baker Park for a day of food, concerts, and fireworks to top it all off. 


Frederick has been my home for close to twenty years and I could not have asked for a better place to grow up. As I always say to my out-of-town colleagues, "I am so lucky to live here."





No comments: